As Edward L. Rankin Visiting Professor for the Spring 2019 semester, I am teaching "MEJO 634: Public Relations Campaigns." This involves guiding students through the process of developing a communications plan for an actual client, Ackland Art Museum. This is the fourth time I have taught this capstone course. In addition, I will be exploring interest in and feasibility of a new certificate program in Arts Communication within the School of Media and Journalism.
I am an independent consultant based in New York and am commuting to Chapel Hill this semester. My practice involves enabling organizations to use communications strategically to achieve their goals. My clients have included many foundations and nonprofit organizations including AARP, The MacArthur Foundation, The Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art and Anderson Ranch Arts Center. Prior to establishing my own consulting practice, I was an executive with the global public relations firm Porter Novelli, based in Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago and Brussels, Belgium.
- B.A. in Journalism, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Member, UNC School of Media and Journalism Board of Advisers
- Honoree, NC Media and Journalism Hall of Fame
- Co-chair, NC Media and Journalism Hall of Fame Gala
- Patron's Leadership Council, Manhattan Theatre Club
- Board Member, On Site Opera