International donors may be able to realize tax benefits through gifts. We recommend that you check with local tax professionals for details. Additionally, we have provided information from the following countries for your reference:
- Canadian taxpayers may claim a tax credit for gifts to Carolina, which is listed on Schedule VIII of the Canadian Income Tax Act under University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C.
The United Kingdom:
- The Carolina Trust is a charity (#1109143) registered with the U.K. Charity Commission. Through the trust, donors giving any amount may participate in the U.K. Gift Aid Scheme, a form of tax relief for single cash gifts made to the Carolina Trust and other U.K. charities by residents in the U.K.
- To make your gift, please do the following:
- Mail a check payable to The Carolina Trust to: The Carolina Trust c/o Acorn Management 52-53 Russell Square London WC1B 4HP
- Send a written note with your gift indicating that you would like the Gift Aid tax relief applied to your gift. The Carolina Trust will then apply to the Inland Revenue to claim a portion of the tax you have already paid.
- If you pay at a rate higher than the basic tax rate, you should apply to the Inland Revenue for the additional tax relief.
- You can use Gift Aid as often as you like to make gifts to The Carolina Trust.
If you have any questions or comments about making a gift from the United Kingdom, please call (919) 962-6182 (from U.K.: 00-1-919-962-6182).